Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ramblings for a Snowy Saturday

As far as the substitute teaching is concerned, things did not go as planned. My paperwork was temporarily misplaced, although I assume it has been found now, because I have finally been invited to the new sub orientation, which was scheduled for a snow day, and therefore cancelled. Sometime on Monday or Tuesday, I suppose, I will be getting an email about when the rescheduled orientation will take place. However, in order to complete the paperwork for the orientation, I have to find a doctor to sign off on a health examination form, which will likely take more than one day to arrange.

Now, the trouble here is the fact that I have also started a new part-time job working as a cashier. Glamorous? Maybe not. But I like it so far. I put in my schedule assuming I would not be subbing, so for the next few weeks I have already made commitments to that job - yesterday I put in a new schedule for March assuming that I WILL be subbing (but who knows if that will really even come through?!) It is a bit frustrating at times, because I am doing my best to juggle several things at once, without really knowing all the information about some of those things - namely, the substitute teaching. But I am just hoping that the timing will work out alright, and the overlap between the subbing, second job, and the show I'm working on will be minimized : ) That being said, March is going to be a challenging month.

The other thing that I wanted to talk about in this post was - you guessed it - Valentine's Day. I have a little bone to pick with the universe about this day. Okay, first of all, this is NOT female appreciation day. Like, have you seen any men receiving flowers and cards and chocolates and things? I haven't! But WHY? This really irritates me. First of all, no, I didn't do anything for Valentine's Day yesterday, except receive my diploma and a really lovely unexpected letter. But I thought about it! And if I was gonna go see a man, I sure as heck wasn't gonna show up empty handed. Show people you love them - however you do it best, do it. Don't expect to receive. I also saw this quote about how the quality of your life is not measured by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...?! Well, my friend, that is not in your control, and I beg to disagree. Love - as much, as often, and as generously as you can. Even more, when you think you can't. (Loving yourself counts, too!) I'll say it again, and again:

Do everything in Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment