Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Most Wonderful Things.

Today two of my students were waiting in the auditorium after school, until their parents came to pick them up. We were just chatting, when they began to ask what made me want to be a theatre teacher - because, they said, that each of them had recently been really considering it as a career. Praise God!! They wanted to know my story, and how I came to be where I am today... which, if you know about my four adventurous years of college, has been nothing short of a miracle.

I honestly believe that I have been called to teach, and although it is difficult, I wouldn't be anywhere else. I'd do it for free. I love my school, I love my students, I love my job.

I know it won't always be this easy - or will it? Maybe it's easy because it's fulfilling. Maybe it's because I'm passionate about it. Maybe it's because I love what I do. Maybe because I'm making a difference. Maybe I've been called here.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope, more than anything, that my students are realizing the true value and necessity of the arts in a community, and in each of our individual lives. And it was so encouraging to realize that not only are my students acknowledging this value within their own lives, but are wishing to spread it to others, even if they can't yet identify it as such. This is really amazing.

We are truly blessed.

Praying that these last six weeks last a lifetime.

- Always joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment